Going through a journey to heal yourself from childhood trauma, adult trauma, abuse of any kind, addiction, illness… whatever it is, trying to heal is one hell of a ride. It has so many ups, downs, twists and turns and you sometimes leaves you hanging upside down!!!
For me, my blog is so important on this journey. It’s important for a few reasons:
- It helps me to “vent” out my feelings somewhere that I feel I won’t be judged:
- It helps me to figure out what my feelings even are when I don’t know:
- I like to be able to read back on old blogs to see any patterns or signs of growth. Sometimes I like to read old blogs just to feel a connection to my T if she’s away:
- Writing up sessions helps me to process them:
- I get to read all of your stories and try and support you back:
- I get to read lovely, supportive comments from all you guys: and more importantly…
- I never feel alone in this journey. Because of all of you.
Now I know this is all very me, me, me but I just wanted to say that I think having a therapy friend(s) or friends who understand your struggles with trying to change your life in one way or another is so important.
In my “real” life (I know it might surprise some of you, but my real name isn’t Twinkletoes *gasps!!) I don’t have anyone to talk to or share this stuff with, and so you guys that share your own stories, struggles and triumphs and comment on my blogs occasionally, you really are very important and I just want to thank you all.
I am proud of all of us and because of this, my blog feels like less of a blog now and more of a little community.
#ProudOfUs #Survivors #TherapyFriends